When you partner with Memorial Blood Centers as a blood drive sponsor, you help save and sustain lives right here at home. As Minnesota’s largest independent, nonprofit, community blood center, we are the primary provider of life-saving blood to nearly 40 hospital partners throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. You can play a critical role in ensuring that the blood our neighbors, friends, co-workers, and family members need is available.
Sponsoring a Memorial Blood Centers blood drive is a great way to support a life-saving cause, demonstrate your organization’s leadership in the community, and show your commitment to saving lives.
The process is easy. The rewards are life changing.
From start to finish, a dedicated Donor Recruitment Account Manager will help you plan and execute your blood drive, guiding you through each step of the process.
Getting Started is easy!
Saving lives amid COVID-19
Memorial Blood Centers is rescheduling blood drives that were impacted by COVID-19, and working with partner organizations to host drives at places that may now have remote employment.
Prior to the pandemic, more than half of blood collection came from community blood drives. Many precautions are being taken at all donation sites to ensure donor and staff safety, and your Account Manager will help make sure all necessary steps are taken at your event, including:
- An additional COVID-19 donor self-screening policy
- Accommodating organization-specific requirements for face masks
- Asking donors to schedule appointments ahead of time; walk-ins may be accommodated based on capacity
- Practicing social distancing on and off bloodmobiles; donors may be asked to wait outside of the donation area until their appointment, and registration and canteen areas will be located outside of bloodmobiles
- Additional cleaning and disinfecting procedures between donors
Learn more about COVID-19 precautions at Memorial Blood Centers.