Host a Donor Day
Donor Day celebrations bring together a group of people to donate blood at a Memorial Blood Centers donor center. These events are a great way to celebrate a special occasion, give back to the community with your organization or business, or honor a special person in your life.
Donor Days can be a great alternative to holding a blood drive, if you have a small group interested in donating blood together. Depending on your group size, your Donor Day can take place over a few hours in one day or over a few days.
The process is easy
Memorial Blood Centers will help you through the simple process of planning your Donor Day.
- Gather a group of donors who are committed to donating blood at your Donor Day.
- Select your preferred date and donor center location.
- Schedule donation appointments for your group by contacting Ravi (612-398-9304), preferably at least two weeks ahead of your preferred date.
- Make your Donor Day unique by bringing decorations or treats, such as cake or balloons!
Contact Ravi Katkar, Donor Site Representative, by email or at 612-398-9304 to learn more and to schedule your Donor Day.
Donor Day FAQ
- What donation types are available at a Donor Day?
Whole Blood and Double Red Cell donations, which provide twice the amount of lifesaving red cells in a single donation, are available. A whole blood donation typically takes 30-45 minutes, and the actual time spent donating is usually 15 minutes or less. A double red cell donation can take 45-60 minutes. Learn how to maximize the impact of your donation by giving the right type for your type.
- How many people do I need to schedule a Donor Day?
A Donor Day can include 5-20 donors.
- How long will a Donor Day last?
Depending on the size of your group, your Donor Day can take place in one day over a few hours, or over the course of a week. Most groups schedule a Donor Day for two to three hours.
- Can everyone in my group donate at the same time?
Each donor is scheduled for specific time slots, which are usually set 10 minutes apart. In some instances, there will be opportunities for multiple donors to give at or near the same time. Before and after your donations, your group is free to relax and hang out with each other in the waiting and café areas.
- Do I have to make appointments?
In order to handle larger groups of donors, we encourage you to make your appointments ahead of time. Walk-ins are allowed, but scheduling your group’s appointments in advance will help ensure plenty of time for a smooth donation experience for everyone.
- How can I let my friends and family know about the Donor Day?
Social media is a great tool to recruit your family and friends. We are happy to provide you with materials that you can share with your own network of friends to help recruit.