Welcome to Memorial Blood Centers Media Room. Here you’ll find recent news and announcements, important facts about our organization, and media contact information.
Memorial Blood Centers—an expert media and community resource
- We are Minnesota’s largest, nonprofit, community blood center and the primary provider of life-saving blood to over 30 hospital partners throughout Minnesota and northwestern Wisconsin.
- We are connected to your market. Every year, tens of thousands of people—news viewers, readers, and listeners—roll up their sleeves to donate blood and thousands of philanthropic individuals, foundations, corporations, and faith-based organizations provide funding to ensure a stable blood supply.
- We are grounded in the community. From the St. Paul Saints to the Minnesota Vikings, the Northland Huskies to the Minnesota State Fair, the community supports us through partnerships and special events.
- We partner with the businesses that partner with you. Target, Best Buy, General Mills, Cargill, and hundreds of other businesses, community and civic groups, high schools and colleges, and places of worship conduct thousands of blood drives each year that bring out generous volunteers to give the gift of life.
- We have the experts—physicians, blood banking specialists, laboratory testing technologists, health industry leaders—who bring knowledge and experience to comment and provide background on a variety of subjects, from the safety of our blood supply to preparedness for a flu pandemic.
- Most importantly, we help bring a personal touch to your public news reports with compelling real-life stories of the heroism and generosity of blood donors and recipients whose lives have been changed by blood donation.