Founded on Veterans Day in 1948, Memorial Blood Centers was established to ensure a safe and stable supply of blood for patients in area hospitals, and to honor those who lost their lives during World War II. As our community grows, so does our need for blood. As a vital nonprofit, we help businesses in our community fulfill their social responsibility commitments and sustain lives.
Meaningful partnerships, a life-saving difference
At Memorial Blood Centers, our blood drive programs are comprehensive, flexible, and easy to implement. We put our expertise and community knowledge to work to provide a positive experience at every touchpoint. That’s why more than 1,300 organizations hold 2,300 community blood drives with us each year.
- We offer businesses, schools, and other civic organizations in our community many ways to make a difference.
- We are proud members of area Chambers of Commerce including the Downtown Council, TwinWest, St. Paul, Lakeville, Waconia, Eden Prairie, Isanti, and others
- Our Advisory Board brings local leaders together to support our mission
- We partner with more than 100 high schools across Minnesota and western Wisconsin to engage young people in our mission
- Top blood drive sponsors include Fortune 500 firms such as Ameriprise Financial, Best Buy, Cargill, CenterPoint Energy, Donaldson, General Mills, Seagate, Target, UnitedHealth Group, Wells Fargo, and more. We also work closely with small, medium, and new businesses to engage employees in community service via blood donation
Investing in our community
- We award nearly $70,000 annually in scholarships to local high school blood drive coordinators to help graduating seniors pursue future studies
- Our community involvement also includes partnerships with STEP-UP, Achieve Minneapolis, Hands On Twin Cities, the MS Society, Cookie Cart, and more
- Our annual Employee Giving Campaign raises funds from employees for Community Health Charities of Minnesota
Raising the bar
- We are the primary supplier of blood to several regional Level I Trauma Centers, and more than a dozen air ambulance bases across greater Minnesota and western Wisconsin
- We are a collection site for the National Marrow Donor Program/Be The Match
- We provide specially matched units for newborns with the blood disorder NAIT, or neonatal alloimmune thrombocytopenia
We are life-saving blood
No one understands the need for blood in our community better than Memorial Blood Centers. With a rich legacy of being good stewards of blood donors’ generous gifts, we proudly connect those who give with those in need.