Double Red Cell Donation
A special automated process, called apheresis (AY-fur-EE-sis), collects two units of red blood cells during a single donation. In just two annual appointments, you can contribute the same number of life-saving red cells as you would from four whole blood donations—in half the visits.
- Types most needed: O+, O-, A-, B-
- Type O donors are in high demand, especially O- donors (universal red cell donor) whose red cells can be given to everyone in need
- Donate two times a year (every six months)
- Approximate donation time: 1 hour
- Schedule an appointment today
Special eligibility requirements apply to double red cell donors, as established by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that regulates blood collection throughout the U.S, including:
|Males ||130 lbs. ||5' 1" |
|Females ||150 lbs. ||5' 5" |
Contact us at 1-888-GIVE-BLD for additional information.
Double Red Cell Donation Brochure